I am happy to be a certified instructor of the Kids Can Sew program. Children learn a great set of skills which is much more than just completing a project.
Kids Can Sew is a year long program that will teach kids to sew and design shirts, skirts, shorts, pants, bags, and more. Reading patterns, fabric layout, casings for elastics, following instructions, math in sewing (yep, we can’t escape math!) these are some of the skills they will learn. It is a fun way to get kids into STEAM (Science Technology Engineering Art Math).
But through sewing, one can also learn problem solving, attention to detail, DIY capacity, patience…top this with fun, creativity and inspiration, are you in?
Sewing machine classes:
- meet once a week for 1 hour and 15 minutes
- open to children 7 years old and up
- $20 yearly registration fee to be paid upon registration.
- $32 for the patterns book from Kids can Sew to be paid upon registration(which will be provided the first day of class and will provide the coursework for one year.)
- All supplies and tools are included in tuition payment.
Completed registration forms are required for all new students. Once your registration is confirmed, the form will be emailed to you.